Commodity Manager (CM)
Strategic supplier sourcing
About Our Client
Our Client is a global US MNC in the automation and IT industry. They offer a wide variety of products and plant improvement capabilities to companies around the world. They are currently looking for a Sourcing Manager (Finished good products) to join their dynamic team to contribute to the business.
Your main responsibilities will be to support and implement overall strategic sourcing strategy in the APAC Region for your commodity. This is a cross-functional Individual contributor role and will require you to work closely with various stakeholders to drive strategies. This role requires travelling of up to 50% domestic and internationally. Company located in the west.
Your responsibilities include:
- Execute regional sourcing strategies on commodities and work closely with the various commodity leads
- To source and qualify for new suppliers for direct commodities (e.g. machined parts, injection molding, cable assemblies, bus bar, etc.) with special focus on the Low-cost Region (LCR) countries
- Keep in line of the market trends and suppliers' development and share them to the respective Business Units.
- Continuous review and explore business development opportunities.
- Perform regular business reviews of the suppliers together with the different functional teams lead.
- Educate and drive company's best practices and strategic strategies.
- Familiarized with the government law and company policies and applies them when necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive sourcing responsibilities, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Broad knowledge in managing direct material commodities
- Experience and continual success in achieving net deflation and productivity is required
- Experience in project management required
- Good record of collaborating with cross-functional teams
- APAC regional sourcing experience preferred
- Team-player, with demonstrated continual drive and commitment
What's on Offer
Candidate will be given global exposure and opportunities to further develop and nourish your professional skills in commodity sourcing. Our client prides itself on its core values, which emphasizes respect for individuality while driving continual innovation.