Commodity Buyer (Mechanical)
Leader in Smart Energy industry
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in the energy industry providing smart energy solution and system to the global utility customers. They are currently looking for a Commodity Buyer to join their team to contribute to the business.
- Execute regional sourcing strategies on commodities and work closely with the various stakeholders
- To continuously improve on purchasing knowledge of the regional market trends
- To source and qualify new suppliers for assigned commodities across business needs including contract negotiation and improvement plans
- Optimizing supplier performance by building strong relationship and to resolve when issue arises
- Continuous review and explore business development opportunities and to drive cost reduction with global procurement policy
- Perform regular business reviews of the suppliers, cost analyst and benchmarking
- Tracking of KPI and generation of monthly reports
The Successful Applicant
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent technical discipline
- Experience in Mechanical part (Eg. PCB, Cable harness) sourcing and negotiation of large value contracts
- SAP experience will be a plus
- Ability to read and understand product BOM list, schematic drawing, material costing and BOM calculation
- Good record of collaborating with cross-functional teams.
What's on Offer
Candidate will be given global exposure and opportunities to further develop and nourish your professional skills in commodity sourcing. Our client prides itself on its core values, which emphasizes respect for individuality while driving continual innovation.