- High visibility role to senior management
- Career progression for high performing individuals
About Our Client
Our client is a manufacturing leader within the plastics and petrochemical industry. They are built upon a solid foundation of technologies that is has been improved through numerous rounds of innovation across the past 40 years. Their presence spans across 50 countries and its products and services cuts across multiple industries that includes government water systems, telecommunication, healthcare, energy and power and more. Michael Page has been engaged to identify a high potential individual who has the capability to progress into a General Manager position following success of this role as a Commercial Excellence Leader.
This role reports directly to the Director of Commercial Excellence & Pricing where you would act as a "change agent" and an internal consultant supporting the commercial business units for the organisation. You will do this by analysing, developing and implementing strategic and viable practices across the company globally.
The success of the role will be measured on the following:
- Benchmarking & Industry Gap Analysis - Regular benchmarking exercise to assess company's commercial performance versus competitors and industry average
- Drive Commercial Excellence:
- From the industry gap assessment, identify any opportunities and create long term strategies to address them, aligning with company's vision
- Be the champion for the development and implementation of the key initiatives with project management experience that includes: Customer Segmentation; Value Proposition, Pricing Analysis and Excellence
- Identify the root causes through the evaluation of the fundamental issues of each gap assessment and providing the strategy and direction for the project team
- Performance Management of Implemented Initiatives - Drive continuous improvement of the commercial processes
- Stakeholder Management across Functional Team - Have frequent discussions with the senior leadership team on regional / global performance, gaps or opportunities identified
- Project Management - Provide project management support to the C-suite team and develop project plans for functional leads while working with them
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent academic qualification like an MBA, MSc, or equivalent
- Experience working with a Multinational Corporation on regional projects
- At least 12 years' experience in petrochemical industry or a industrial or manufacturing global corporation
- Solid understanding of value chain partners and customer segmentation
- Strong commercial excellence or strategic marketing skills which includes market segmentation, planning, and research along with knowledge of sales management techniques
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for effective communication to senior stakeholders, colleagues and others
- Cultural awareness to region specific practices and behaviours
What's on Offer
This is a role considered upon the new business focus and the intention to aggressively grow the direct business model. We are looking for a capable strategic marketing lead or an experience commercial excellence lead who has a strategic mindset and experience, coupled with a down-to-earth yet influential personality. The ideal candidate will be in the leadership pipeline for the region, owning autonomy and responsibility of the company's strategy and marketing.