Commercial Director - APAC (Life Sciences & Lab Equipment)
Advance position of the lab equipment portfolio for a market leader
Asia leadership role that allows the incumbent opportunity to helm a large P&L
About Our Client
A global leader in the field of lab equipment, scientific instrumentation, software and services to healthcare, life science, and other laboratories in academia, government, and industry. This organisation has an unique portfolio of products that have catapulted it to the leader in most of the segments its products cater to.
- Drive the organisation's business development initiatives across Asia Pacific across key segments selling into the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CRO industries
- Lead all new business initiatives and customer collaborations including distributor management
- Develop key customer relationships; assist in developing business solutions that are mutually beneficial; apply broader business scenarios and customer-focused models to achieve breakthrough results.
- Develop and maintain key account plans in Asia in line with the organisation's growth objectives
- Identify short, medium and long term business opportunities to ensure a stable revenue funnel
- Act as a scientific and technical advisor to customer and partners regarding product know-how
- Knowledge and application of strategic planning, and development sales strategy and tactical implementation.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 10 years experience in selling lab equipment to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology segments
- Proven track record of scaling up businesses through a combination of both direct and distributor driven sales
- Experience of selling into key markets in Asia such as Japan, Korea and South East Asia
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilise cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of business goals and objectives
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and differences while connecting client needs
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to lead an already large and fast growing P&L for a leading provider of scientific and lab equipment