Channel Sales Manager, SG/ SEA
Established MNC within Health & Wellness
Newly Created Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading MNC commercializing highly-regarded healthcare & wellness products. They are looking to hire a Channel Manager to manage Singapore & grow SEA within the Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements segment.
They are constantly reinventing themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and they aim to maintain and improve their current performance regionally and internationally.
You will be part of an organisation that takes pride in their long history with an excellent vision for the future. This is a company that cares deeply about its employees and doesn't just talk about giving back and contributing to society, but that acts on their commitments. CSR and charity initiatives are part of our client's DNA and they are looking to hire people who can not only perform excellently on the job, but also have CSR engrained deeply into their professional and personal lives.
High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme.
The role reports into the Country Manager, SG/ SEA who is based in SG.
The Channel Sales Manager is the key sales role in the organization. The individual will be tasked with growing the brand's sales fundamentals with the different key customers as well as identifying new distribution opportunities for the brands.
- Lead the commercial discussions with key account (e.g. Watsons, Guardians, Cold Storage) & manage distributor to deliver volume & sales targets.
- Help prepare for customer meetings, attend customer meetings regularly and report the minutes from the meeting with key next steps / actions for all parties
- Responsible for building successful relationships with the main contacts and for expanding the networks across the customer organization.
- Grow total brand distribution (weighted & Numerical) as well as depth of distribution (WD by SKU).
- Expand distribution in e-commerce (e.g. Lazada) - for domestic & regional consumption (South East Asia).
- Contribute to setting pricing & promotional strategy & deliver throughout the year and through joint business planning process with customers secure brand instore competitiveness.
- Deliver brand visibility KPI quantitatively against key metrics (share of shelf, share of SKU, share of display) and qualitatively against Premium, Proven, Aspirational strategy.
- Help supporting all aspects of the commercial negotiations, sales development and customer interface
- Support instore exploitation of key campaigns & innovation by alignment of promotional & sales plan to overall marketing plan.
- Support monthly and annual business planning including delivering monthly and annual sales plans and forecasts to support the S&OP process.
- Manage customer spending & budget in line with allocated budgets
- Lead promotional & pricing analysis to recommend promotional & pricing strategy going forward.
- Travelling to SEA region is minimal - 15% of the time.
The Successful Applicant
- Passionate about health, wellness, mindfulness with great interpersonal skills and eager to contribute to a positive, nurturing working environment
- Striving in fast paced environment with an entrepreneurial spirit and growth & Development mindset.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written in Mandarin & English
- Effective stakeholder manager able to lead through influencing
- Analytical skills as well as strategic thinking and acute commercial acumen
- Prior experience of nutrition, wellness category a plus.
- Prior experience with south-eastern Asia e-commerce a plus.
- Commercial/Business degree qualified
- 6+ years Sales experience in an FMCG/Healthcare environment with 3+ years of key account management
- Previous account management experience in the FMCG / Retail / Pharmaceutical sector
- E-commerce account experience a strong plus.
- A strong track record of growing revenue & ambition to develop and progress in a rapidly growing business
- Proven track record in field sales and ability to both build upon existing relationships and develop new ones
- It is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in an MNC environment.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a unique opportunity for ambitious candidates within the FMCG industry who are looking to take on a holistic Channel Manager role. This role will have opportunities to move into a regional sales role within Asia.