CEO - IoT start-up [Series-A]
Opportunity to build & run a business end to end
Truly entrepreneurial role, equity play
About Our Client
Our client, headquartered in Singapore, is backed by a large family investment office [backed by multi-billion-dollar conglomerate]. Their board manages investments in various business lines ranging from diagnostics, logistics to renewables and most of their investments are series A through C firms.
They see a huge potential in the IoT, renewables space and as part of their continued focus to invest in new businesses and technologies, they are looking to invest in smart water - use of AI in water and waste management.
The CEO - IoT start-up is responsible for building up a business which includes raising investment, hiring talent, building a leadership team and 'selling' a business pitch to the board, besides maintaining a strong partner network and government relations.
Reporting to the Chairman, this role is responsible for:
- Present to and consult with the board on business trends - plan presentations & sales pitches
- Being the product owner and brand champion for the concerned markets
- Maintaining partnerships with corporates that have direct access to your products à B2B
- Increase Business in line with the corporate growth strategy à increase sales including new areas to take on
- Build relationships with channel partners
- Own the topline and bottom-line for the entire business line
In the next 3-5 years, this role (as envisioned) will manage a business that's between $50-200 million including a sales organization in Singapore and an AI hub in the region.
The Successful Applicant
- Masters' / MBA from a recognized institution is highly preferred
- Leadership experience - having built large businesses and teams with a matrix structure
- 20 or more years in running an industrial business, ideally in water technologies
- High risk appetite - ideally, having launched and run your own business
- Passion for renewables, IoT
- Solution driven approach to business conversations and someone with a lot of conviction
- Expertise in financial modelling, capital raising & and an existing contact of investors
What's on Offer
Our client, early stage start-up, is looking to go from concept to market. Someone who has desire to change the landscape of use of AI in waste and water management in region. This role is for someone who is entrepreneurial, and keen to be backed by a successful conglomerate. This is an equity play, so you need to have a long-term mindset and risk appetite. The compensation for the role will be split across base, bonus and equity so candidates focused on the fixed component only, will not find this a good fit.