CEO, Asia Pacific - Consumer Goods [Direct Selling]
Opportunity to build and run a business
Leadership role, managing a team
About Our Client
Our client, headquartered in Europe, is a leading player in the 'health and well-being' consumer products space. They are a fast growth, privately held firm, with revenues in the $100-200m USD range. In Europe and North America, they are seeing aggressive growth and are looking to build on that success by launch Asia Pacific in 2021. The headquarters will be in Singapore, but they have plans to consider other branches in the region in 2022.
The CEO, Asia Pacific will report to the Global CEO in Europe.
The CEO, Asia Pacific - Consumer Goods is responsible for building up a business which includes hiring talent, legal affairs, finance, HR, compliance, appointing partners for warehousing and logistics and customer service.
Reporting to the Global CEO who has been with the firm since 1998, this role will be measured on:
- P&L management in APAC
- Leading launch of products and countries in APAC, starting with Malaysia in H2-2021
- Controlling the Asian public relations and being the face of the marketplace
- Driving the company's strategic goals
- Manage a team of 3-5 headcounts in the first year and create a headcount plan for 2022 and 2023 based on the revenue projection
In the next 5 years, this role (as envisioned) will manage a business that's close to $25m including launch of key markets in Asia Pacific, with Country leads in place.
The Successful Applicant
- Managing Director or above level in a consumer goods business, with at least 8 years in a full P&L role managing multiple product lines and countries
- Experience in direct selling industry is an absolute must and understanding of the relevant regulatory, compliance issues will be preferred
- Ideally, experience of launching a health / fitness product category in APAC
- Risk appetite and resilience as this is a start-up in APAC (despite the big presence in other markets) so a lot of processes need to defined
- Solution driven approach to business conversations and someone with a lot of conviction
- Expertise in sales forecasting, planning and building a business from the ground up
What's on Offer
Our client, a fast growth direct sales consumer business, is looking for a someone who has the desire to be in a role that is largely entrepreneurial. This role is for someone who had previously managed South East Asia or Asia Pacific for a direct sales business in consumer goods and ideally, enjoys launching products and countries, while building a team.
The remuneration and benefits in this role will be highly competitive.