Exciting Career Opportunity
Work Life Balance
About Our Client
Our Client is a Global MNC and has a market lead position in the Service Industry with a vast portfolio of specialization to cater to different demands. With a multi-billion turnover in worldwide markets, the company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge and products of which they are currently looking for a Cargo Manager to be an integral part of their business to assist and continue to improve the Value Chain.
Reporting to the Head of Department, your major responsibilities will involve managing daily logistical and distribution issues as well as resolving queries from vendors and suppliers. This is a strategic core position and you are expected to have vast people management experience of more than 150 people in operations.
- To review, formulate and implement operational strategies and policies as well as preparation of operating budgets.
- To manage, influence and enhance operational processes and SOPs ensuring compliance to industry standards, legislation and safety and security policy.
- To advice and provide expertise on the day of operations to ensure the smooth flow of operations and transfer of knowledge to the staff involved.
- To review and update sectional work instructions and procedural requirements.
- To recommend improvements to cargo operations standards and procedures and ensuring the implementation of these controls.
The Successful Applicant
You should possess a degree in Logistics or equivalent related studies and you must have significant prior supervisory experience. Experience in managing extensive workforce are compulsory for this position. Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment is essential. Exposure in Logistics/Services Industry will be highly advantageous
What's on Offer
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their excellent vision for the future. The company has an excellent culture and takes pride in work-life balance. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies.