Business Development Manager (Valves)
Sales of high specification valves for O&G industry - UK HQ manufacturer
Singapore market focus but scope to develop into APAC regional role
About Our Client
PJ Valves (UK HQ) have been manufacturing and distributing valves to energy projects globally since 1976, making them one of the first specialist project valve supply companies to the Oil & Gas industry. They have successfully developed a global presence with the addition of PJV Americas expanding their sales reach into the USA, and PJV Asia Pacific based in Singapore - this truly global presence allows them to effectively support their global client base.
PJV is a second generation family owned and managed business which means that they can afford to take a long term view and invest accordingly in the development of their products, their testing facilities and technology.
Through investing in manufacturing facilities in India and Italy, PJV has been able to provide a more tailored product and service to their customers. By owning their own factories they can offer more competitive prices and also have full control over the design process. This enables PJV to deliver a more streamlined, flexible and value-added service by collaborating with their customers every step of the way and has bolstered their international growth dramatically, enabling them to create technical advantages for their customers. Their experienced in house valve designers have many years' experience of designing valves specific to client needs, including End User specifications and Special Applications such as high pressure, double block and bleed, zero leakage, low emissions standards and cryogenic requirements.
Every PJV valve is manufactured according to project specifications and they are able to manufacture valves in accordance with most end user specifications - including Total, Shell, Aramco, Petrobras, Chevron, Statoil, Exxon Mobil and BP. Their range of products can be manufactured in a wide range of materials (Carbon Steel, Austenitic/ Super Austenitic Stainless Steels, Duplex/ Super Duplex, Nickel Alloys/ Super Alloys) and pressure ratings to meet the specific service and project needs.
This role reports to the Business Development Director who is based in the UK. The objective of the Business Development Manager is to identify and close PJV sales opportunities within Singapore and also across the APAC region. This will be achieved by working through the PJV project network and nurturing existing PJV customers and market relationships. You will be also be tasked with bringing on board brand new accounts and developing new growth opportunities. At present the Singapore market is key and currently delivers 90% of the sales in the region.
Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager will include:
- Produce reliable forecasts and deliver sales revenue and profit budgets
- Co-ordinate project sales activities and promote PJV product range
- Build knowledge of clients/ perspective clients and key personnel within the valve market
- Plan and undertake Marketing activities across the region
- Develop and manage key client relationships through regular visits to ensure strong understanding of client business and promote awareness of PJV products
- Support contract managers to successfully close negotiations
- Report on external market conditions and competitor activity
The Successful Applicant
For the Business Development Manager role you must be:
- Passionate about building relationships with customers and increasing sales
- Tenacious, dynamic and high energy individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercially astute and with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Competent at negotiating and closing business
- Strong presentation skills
Requirements for the Business Development Manager include:
- Minimum 5 years in a B2B engineering sales environment
- Strong track record of delivering sales targets
- Experience of selling into the international O&G market
What's on Offer
- An attractive package inclusive of a performance related bonus
- Opportunity to join a global business and be a key contributor to future growth and success in the region
- A supportive and driven leadership team who have been in the company for many years providing a strong platform for your future development
- PJV staff typically have excellent technical knowledge combined with a good understanding of energy projects and a positive attitude to support customers
- The company takes great pride in providing their staff with an excellent working environment and staff from across their various locations regularly get involved in group events to raise money for their chosen charities.
- Joining an Award winning company!
In 2017 PJV won the EIC Award for Export and also received the Queen's Award for Enterprise - International Trade, both in recognition of PJV's overseas growth and export strategy which has seen the company expand its operations into North America and Asia Pacific regions. PJV's international business today accounts for over 70% of its revenues, compared to 20% in 2011.