Business Development Manager - Maritime IT Solutions
Newly created growth role
Autonomous work environment
About Our Client
Our client is the pioneer of business-critical IT and communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments. Through its aggressive M&A strategy, they have created a Group dedicated to providing the maritime industry with an integrated offering of broadband communications, digital solutions, bridge electronics, and on-board and remote maintenance.
They are recognized as one of the leading ICT and operational technology specialists serving customers in the Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing markets. With more than 1000 employees, the group is operating globally and serves at least 1 in 3 vessels worldwide. A global 24/7 helpdesk, specialized competence centers, local presence on all continents and a network of 1000 service points staffed by highly qualified, certified service engineers, supports global customers to operate smarter and safer.
The managed IT services division is a growing center of competence dedicated to delivering innovative and secure digital solutions for customers. The ITC powerhouse has already taken a leading position at the forefront of maritime digitalization and products in the Managed Services area.
As a Business Development Manager, you have a hunter instinct. You enjoy spotting possibilities in complex markets and opening new doors to business by offering suitable IT solutions. In this role your goal is to win new clients and develop install base customers in the segment Maritime IT Solutions - including IT, OT, and Cyber Security. With your commercial and IT skills, you can utilize the momentum of progression towards digital innovation in the maritime industry as key growth driver to develop and close opportunities. Your geographical scope for this task is primarily Singapore / SEA region.
You will be measure for success on the following goals:
- Proactively creating new sales opportunities, generating new business, winning new customers, growing the revenue for install base customers by upselling and cross selling.
- Key account management and increase of customer satisfaction by professional account management for customers within the territory.
- Cooperating and contributing with the local connectivity sales teams in customer projects and opportunities. You will be supported by inside sales, technical specialists, product managers.
- Being the opportunity owner of IT, OT, and Cyber Security within assigned sales territory. You hold the responsibility of creating, developing, closing these opportunities and signing contracts with new customers.
- Updating the CRM with all opportunities and report regularly the status of success
- High customer activity level by booking, attending and following up on customer meetings and events
- Participating in industry tradeshows, customer events, and conferences
In this position you will be reporting to the Global Sales Director - Maritime IT Solutions (based in Norway).
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors' Degree in computer science or a relevant discipline
- 5 or more years in business development and IT solution sales with at least 3 years selling to the maritime sector
- Strong ability to pro-actively pursue new business possibilities (hunt) combined with the ability to build trust, confidence and relationship with the customer decision makers
- Knowledge of selling digitisation, IT, OT and Cyber Security; Data center / Cloud / IT services
- A link and network in the Maritime industry is of great advantage; local market insights and knowledge of the assigned region is preferred.
- Clear and structured communication skills
What's on Offer
Our client offers you a chance to be in an autonomous role that provides excellent primary and secondary benefits. This includes but isn't limited to a competitive base salary, performance bonus and a high focus on learning and development. The opportunity to be part of a strong, continuously growing organization, known as a global Maritime IT and Satcom industry leader. The exciting possibility of being part of an international team, working on easily accessible workplaces in modern premises and options for flexible work situation.