Business Development Manager (Emerging Markets)
Newly created role
Multi-billions revenue organisation
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most valued fintech company in the world; with over 9000 employees. They are dedicated to bring the world into more equal opportunities through building a technology-driven open ecosystem.
They are now seeking for an experienced business development manager with extensive experience in either online/offline payment industry and/or retail/marketing industry, an experience in merchants acquiring business and account management is a plus.
Responsible for merchant acquisition and account management to expand Alipay wallet acceptance in respective countries and manage day-to-day interactions with Cambodia, Laos and Burma local acquirers and key accounts relationship.
The role involves extensive interactions with various local businesses and government agencies in SEA countries and demands close working relationship with team in Singapore/China and headquarter in Hangzhou/Shanghai.
You are also challenged to the following:
- New Business Development: Expand acceptance at new merchant segments and execute merchant programs to drive usage at new merchant segments
- Key Account Management: Manage and maintain relationship with existing merchants as Account Manager for Key Account Merchants, including develop and execute creative sales strategies to drive usage of Alipay at target merchants
- Acquirers Management: Identify, manage and coach local acquirers and marketing partners to grow acceptance base and business volume
- Sales Execution: In charge of pre-sales activities by responding to RFI, RFQ, RFP, Term Sheet, MoU, preparing and delivering technical transaction presentation and demonstration to customers, merchants and partners
- Local Marketing Activities Support: Supporting local marketing activities/events to build Ant Financial/Alipay brand in local countries, coordinate sales and administrative activities to deliver positive feedback from customers on local marketing campaign execution,
- Analytics: Prepare weekly and monthly reports and follow up activities and process customer requests through email and phone remotely
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Finance or Economics with 7+ years' experience in financial services/retail/marketing industry;
- Experience in business strategy/sales/client management in a consumer facing online and offline retail/services industry is a plus
- Resourceful and ability to connect the dots when presented with the opportunities/challenges
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill; experience in sales/BD is a plus
- Highly analytical and strategic, flexible and adaptive, possess ability to shift the role from strategy to day to day tactical operations constantly
- Fast learner and self-motivated; able to work independently as well as in a team environment; reliable and commit to meet the deadlines under time constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent Excel and PPT capabilities
- Good verbal communication in English and Mandarin would be highly preferred, as it is required for business conversation with clients and co-workers.
What's on Offer
You will be a part of an energetic, fast paced and dynamic organisation. If you are an individual who constantly seeks for new challenge, and possess hunger for growth, this would be a perfect role for you! The remuneration for the role would be competitive and in line with the market.