Business Development Manager - Corporate Innovation Solutions
Drive Singapore market corporate innovation solutions business development
Reporting directly into Managing Director APAC
About Our Client
Our client is a global venture capital firm, with strong exposure into accelerators and equity. With over 700 employees globally, they are looking to continue expanding their Asia, and in turn, Singapore footprint.
A key pillar of this expansion being building up their Corporate solutions arm, Michael Page has been retained to find their Business Development Manager, covering Singapore Market.
This role will sell into corporates, driving market access, business intelligence, and network connections, creating unique consulting insights for partners driving their growth journey.
Our client is looking to provide unique, consultancy based insights, market information and trends, access to their start-up ecosystems, and corporate-to-corporate connections.
This exciting position will drive Business Development for our client's Corporate portfolio. Operating on an annual subscription model, this role will drive new logo acquisition across industries, identifying, engaging, and closing potential corporate partners.
Reporting into the Managing Director for APAC, coming with superb venture capital experience, you will work both autonomously and within a high performing team to drive relationships at the senior and leadership level, and help close and on-board them as client partners.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will be:
- Entrepreneurial: Our client is operates a fast-paced, tight-knit business. Keen on Business Development Managers operating with hunter mindset to drive and close deals
- Complex Deal Maker: With average deal size from SGD 150K to 300K and above, You have proven success in driving and closing complex multi-faceted deals
- Market Mapper and Connector: You know how to leverage market insights, trends, and connections to provide a unique, 360 degree view to your clients
- Proven SAAS/Subscription experience: You know how to drive customisable, recurring revenue-based solutions
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in business or relevant degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in business development and B2B partnerships
- Strong existing experience in SAAS/subscription model business development
- Proven track record of effectively negotiating long term, complex deals across range of deal sizes
- Able to work in lean, start-up like teams
- Able to use CRM tools to track and maintain pipeline
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing region within a global venture capital firm, giving you both a glimpse into the VC and start accelerator worlds, while driving Business intelligence-based business development.
The client is looking for a reliable and operational high performer, who can join and get up to speed fast, building relationships and relevant actionable pipeline.
The company, team, and leadership culture is one that is fun and supportive, but not the place if you are looking for a structured corporate position.
The remuneration for the role will be competitive and other benefits will be in-line with the market.