Business Development Manager, Asia - B2B Industrial
Role responsible for Business Development in Asia
Own customer and partner relationships
About Our Client
Our client, Germany headquartered Fäth-Group, was founded in 2004 by Michael Fäth and has since grown to several global locations. As specialists in facility engineering, providing high purity supply systems to the semiconductor, photovoltaic, LED and pharmaceutical industries forms the cornerstone of Fäth GmbH. In 2011, Fäth-Group expanded its operations into Asia with Penang as its headquarters followed by Singapore in 2012. In 2016, Fäth-Group joined forces with Bürkert-Group, one of the world's leading manufacturers of measurement and control systems for liquids and gases. This has strengthened business activities of the Fäth-Group and opened further opportunities for sustainable growth and diversification of its product lines. The position, Business Development Manager, Asia will be responsible for the Asian markets of Fäth-Group.
The Business Development Manager, Asia is responsible for helping the firm develop and implement a sales strategy in Asia and help to achieve the overall sales goals.
Reporting to the Managing Director for Fath-Group Asia, this role is responsible for:
- Managing a two dimensional customer structure: General Contractors and Principles of General Contractors
- Be the brand ambassador for the firm when dealing with clients, governments, press and regulators
- Own the sales budgets for the Asia organization
- Develop and execute the local sales & marketing strategy -> increase sales including new areas to take on, in order to overachieve on the budget (target)
- Ensure cost optimization and strict compliance across the Asia business
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or Masters' Degree in Engineering
- Strong knowledge of the semiconductor business (currently represents major part of the customer portfolio)
- Ability to develop a market penetration strategy - experience in having managed a similar size business in SEA/Asia will be helpful
- Experience in brand building, development and retention within Asia
- Strong communication skills and a creative, entrepreneurial mindset
- Openness to travel is important as the role requires managing regional customer relationships
What's on Offer
Our client, a lean family business has a strong culture of hiring and grooming individuals with a strong commercial acumen. In this Asia role, they are looking for an individual that has a strong aspiration to be in a firm that focuses on building people's careers.
The remuneration for this role will be competitive and other benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market. The role requires heavy travel for training, customer visits and contractor management so we are looking for candidates who can travel extensively and on a short notice.