Business Development Lead - Travel Retail
Opportunity to join a top-tier firm
Looking for entrepreneurial spirit and autonomy
About Our Client
Our client, one of the biggest names in FMCG industry has a portfolio of world-renowed brands, and products that are consumed by millions globally. They pride themselves in being agile, having the ability to innovate, take risk and adopt technologies that are new to their industry. In the last 20+ years, the firm has grown from a small office setup in the US to a strong network of more 1,000 employees globally.
In line with their growth in APAC, they are looking to hire a strong Business Development Lead (APAC) from the Travel Retail space. This will be someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, risk appetite and proven record in driving a sales team.
The success of the Business Development Lead (APAC) will be measured on the following criteria:
- Managing the existing accounts and creating deeper relationships - getting into new markets with existing key clients for example
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in Travel Retail channels
- Expand, open markets and discover opportunities to drive optimal commercial objectives
- Develop business plans, establish customer relations and oversee overall operations
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage regional projects
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- 8+ years of business development/sales experience in the travel retail industry
- Has a self-starter attitude and a strong commercial acumen
- Strong influential and communication skills to motivate the team
- Willingness to be close to the ground to understand the dynamics of trade and consumer needs
- Ability to juggle several projects with different deadlines and various stakeholders
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
What's on Offer
Our client offers you an opportunity to be in an extremely innovative environment, and a chance to make your impact in a sales business. Keeping internal processes simple and encouraging open communication is a key focus for the management as they evolve with their increasing market share. Our client is looking for a driven risk-taker, a motivated individual who is ready to step up to his/her next challenge.