- Leader in the Net-zero industry
- Be in a forward-looking organization
About Our Client
Our client is a global net-zero technology player that collaborates closely with government and commercial bodies to resolve sustainability challenges using Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT), a combination of Artificial Intelligence(AI) and the Internet of things(IoT). They have set themselves up on a mission to improve the quality of life through the implementation of Intelligent Renewable, Carbon Management, and City Infrastructure.
We are now in search of a Business development director to reach out to the various government agency(like GovTech, PUB, HDB, etc) to engage with them to explore opportunities to implement AIoT across various platforms.
Preferably someone with experience selling into a government agency or has conducted business development activity with a government agency before.
Reporting directly to the Global Executive Director, you are expected to, but not limited to, accomplish the following:
- Required to be a self-starter, engaging clients to know their issues and requirement
- Collaborate with local partners for leads and delivery
- Work closely with solution architect, product leaders, and IoT team in the various stage of designing and coming up with the solution for the client
- Able to provide consultative sales solutions for clients in initiate engagement and eventually become their trusted partner for advice and solutions
- Good industrial knowledge and established networks.
- Create demand and streamline solutions before engaging solutions architects.
- Engage customers with a clear message and solution selling mentality
- Identify the root issues of the customers and their organizational structure to propose feasible solutions
- Set goals and budget on a project basis
- Set up and optimize account management processes, able to map out the various accounts and handle different stakeholders based on their level
- Required to multitask and prioritize the various assignment
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or other related fields
- Over 10 years of experience selling into government agencies & public accounts with a proven track record
- Good knowledge of IoT
- Smart Building, environmental & energy sustainability is preferred
- Well versed in government procurement procedures like Greenlane, bulk tender and GEBIZ
- IoT, automation, and digitalization knowledge are also preferred
- Strong presentation skills and interpersonal relational skills
- Highly motivated to deliver high quality and professional ethics
- Able to make decisive decisions in ambiguous situations
- Team player and strong collaborative spirit
- Able to provide logical analysis consultative feedback to the client based on industry best practice
What's on Offer
If you are excited to craft a career for sustainability and play a part in the environment, this is a good opportunity for you to grow in an organization that is forward-looking with a core motivation of bringing net zero across various government agencies. Our client is also very flexible with working hours and remote working, as long as the conditions for the roles and responsibilities are met.
This role is an individual contributor role, and you to bring expand the business opportunity with existing/prospective government agencies' accounts. The plan is to grow market share in the government sector and build a team eventually.