Business Development Director, Asia - Analytics
First hire for this business unit in Singapore
Lead expansion into new markets
About Our Client
Our client, a US headquartered firm, is a leading provider of services and analytics to the healthcare industry. They already have an office in Singapore with a team that's part of another global business unit. This new headcount in the analytics business unit has been created to originate new business across private and public sector in APAC. The key stakeholders for the Business Development Director - APAC role sit in Australia and US so we need someone who can operate autonomously.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (based in Australia), the success of the Business Development Director, Asia will be measured on the following criteria:
- Drive lead generation and creation of new accounts in healthcare, hospitals and relevant government authorities
- Managing existing accounts and creating deeper relationships
- Designing a unique Go-To-Market strategy for Asia
- Drive the entire sales process: prioritize and target top accounts, identify solutions, negotiate product pricing and contracts, and close the sale through contract completion
- Build a comprehensive profile of client organization decision makers and seek to get visibility and audience "up" and "across" the client organization
The Successful Applicant
The successful Business Development Director, APAC will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a globally recognized university
- Expertise in selling software or analytics to healthcare clients in private and public sector
- 10 years or more in a senior sales role in SEA, ASEAN or APAC
- Strong track record of having created new business / hunter role
- Strong ability to guide decision making for the Asia Pacific region
What's on Offer
Our client has a strong culture of organic growth and most of the senior leaders have grown through internal and international moves within the firm. Their capability within analytics team is quite strong and they operate with a lean structure. Keeping internal processes simple and encouraging open communication is a key focus for the management.
- The role requires someone who takes ownership and shows agility in their current role.
- This is a result driven sales environment with clear objectives for growth around new revenue
We expect a 4-round interview process including the hiring manager, HR, Singapore office lead and 1-2 global stakeholders out of the US.