Business Development Chef
Move from kitchen to corporate?
Huge brand in the QSR supply field
About Our Client
From humble beginnings in Japan in 1, the Kagome brand has grown into a global powerhouse in its field. Specialising mainly in tomato based products, the group supplies a number of highly visible and mainstream brands that most people will have enjoyed at some time or another in QSRs and FMCG.
With over 100 years of expertise in agriculture and science, they optimize product attributes each step of the way from seed to table. A high level of collaboration is required to ensure that this global business keeps its roots in what made it successful, whilst continuing to strive for a more global reach.
The Singapore operation is currently in a growth phase, however it is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that feels entrepreneurial yet has the backing of a global business. The successful candidate will have a front row seat to an exciting period of the company's history.
The Business Development Chef is a newly created position for Kagome in Asia Pacific. In general terms, they will act as an extension of the business development team: meeting clients, taking down specifications, creating new products and then delivering said products back to the clients for comment and feedback.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a high level of aptitude in creative problem solving, critical thinking, product presentation and time management. This is especially important as most of the work will be carried out remotely and with limited supervision. Candidates should also have a deep understanding of food trends, commercial thinking and business acumen in order to build and retain credibility with clients.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:-
- Win new and build on existing business under direction from the senior management team
- Manage team resources remotely to deliver against agreed upon success criteria
- Become the marketing and culinary expert for the Asia Pacific region
- Travel regionally and globally as and when required
The Successful Applicant
Whilst this role will be highly diverse one, the main focus is obviously on culinary creation. Any candidates applying for this role must have formal chef training. Ideally more than 5 years' experience and even better if they have worked with customized products during this time. In addition to this base level of skill, any background in sales and / or marketing would be looked upon very favourably, as would a university degree.
Other skills and abilities that candidates need to demonstrate for the Business Development Chef are:-
- People skills - strong level of charisma, flexible in approach, able to listen / understand / dissect information from clients and colleagues to define and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Creativity - able to innovate, have original ideas, consistently look for ways to continuously improve products and processes. Understand the global food market and local food trends, especially how it pertains to development of products
- Analytical - trends need to be followed, understood and analysed on project and customer needs
- Travel - will be up to 70% of the time
- Work environment - time may need to be spent in offices, factories, kitchens and plants. Care and attention needs to be taken in all locations to avoid accidents
What's on Offer
Salary and bonus will be judged based on experience