Business Development and Sales Manager (SEA)
Global leader in thermoset industry
Sales lead for SEA - new role due to expansion
About Our Client
Our client, Bi-Qem is a global business specialising in the amino thermosets industry. The business dates back to 1955 with its original manufacturing plant in Milan, Italy. Their commitment to producing high quality products and high levels of customer service have resulted in Bi-Qem becoming the global leader in the amino sector of the thermoset industry - now producing over 75,000 tons annually. The Bi-Qem product range includes Uromchem (urea molding compound) and Melochem (melamine Molding compound) molding compounds.
Bi-Qem's (formally known as "Chemiplastica") strategic move into global manufacturing began in the 1990s when they built a second manufacturing plant in Mexico. The business then made a major acquisition in 2008 including manufacturing facilities in the US and Sweden - this more than doubled their global capacity. In 2009 a further acquisition of a Turkish business helped to improve their presence in the Eastern European and Asian markets.
Responsibilities for the Business Development and Sales Manager (SEA) will include:
- Identify sales leads
- Mapping out potential segments and customers
- Develop commercial relationships through regular meeting with both existing and potential customers
- Providing product and market knowledge to customers and key internal stakeholders
- Benchmarking of competitors and market analysis
- Proactively developing the presence of Bi-Qem group in all the segments Molding Compounds, Resins, Specialties
- Writing reports and presentation on markets and trends
- Within one year being fully responsible for the sales of the Group across SEA region
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the Business Development and Sales Manager (SEA) will include:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience required
- Minimum Diploma level education with Degree level preferable
- Strong communication skills and good commercial acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess driving license
What's on Offer
An opportunity to join a profitable and growing business that has ambitious expansion plans for SEA through a combination of organic and inorganic growth. This is a critical hire for the business and will be their first strategic business development hire to work from their recently opened office in Singapore. You will have the opportunity to define sales strategy for the region and have the opportunity to build a sales team across the region.