Big Data Engineer - (Java/Hadoop/Spark/Scala)
Fun Work Environment
Fast Career Progression
About Our Client
Our client is a well established start up looking for strong talent in the area of Big Data. They are looking for a Big Data engineer to do a dual role of a backend developer and big data engineer, working on technologies like Java, Scala, Hadoop & Spark.
As a Big Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Building a forecasting platform and constantly working towards improving it
- Working on non linear models and improving model performance
- Conducting backend coding in Java and Scala
- Using technologies like Hadoop and Spark to assist in the development of the forecasting platform
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant you should have a Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science/Engineering discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience in this field. You should have strong experience in Java, Scala, Hadoop and Spark and you should have a proven track record of building a product from scratch. A good understanding of machine learning and REST APIs is advantageous.
What's on Offer
- An opportunity to innovate and build a platform
- Fun Work Environment
- Fast Career Progression