Challenging and rewarding
Reputable real estate private equity firm
About Our Client
Their current key service lines are accounting, financial reporting and treasury. As the company grows to replicate the services of its sister company and further support their main brand in Asia, we will increase our scope to include (but not limited to) Tax compliance (VAT and CIT), Corporate Secretarial Services, Transactional Support, Treasury Operations, Domiciliation Services, Director Services, and Systems Support.
In the light of the general growth of operation and the impending SWIFT implementation project it has been recently revisiting the scope of the responsibilities of its corporate banking unit with the view to establish an appropriately sized treasury team.
- Efficiently and strategically manage the treasury team, including Settlements and Master Data, Monitoring and Reporting to ensure effective operation in meeting the wider objectives of their regoinal offices.
- Assess the current state of the treasury team and skillsets and refine the target state structure and team.
- Maintain, review and make recommendations to the Treasury Policy to ensure that the Treasury Policy is fit for its purpose and supports the objectives of the wider group.
- Put in place and maintain a system of controls which ensure compliance with the Treasury Policy so that risk is managed efficiently and the Treasury Function is not compromised
- Maintain strong relationships with all account banks to ensure that all treasury requirements for the group are met.
- Frequently review fee structures
The Successful Applicant
Education & Experience
- Proven working knowledge of banking industry rules and regulations
- University degree in Accountancy/Finance or relevant discipline with 5 years + in a Corporate Treasury/Cash Management function at a multinational corporation. Ideally, would also possess exposure to or knowledge of middle/back office operations and accounting/audit functions.
- Proficient with financial software systems
- Experience of working with treasury system implementations and process improvement initiatives
- SWIFT messaging knowledge a pre-requisite
- Fluent in English, any other language will be an advantage
- Experience in Management Reporting
- Possess good understanding of financial instruments and products; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Team: Has a professional manner and a high energy level; exhibits a positive attitude and a lot of flexibility ability to work independently, highly motivated and an excellent team player; and
- Flexibility: Flexible according to business requirements, Manages stress well and uses it as a positive motivator.
- Character: An independent, resourceful, self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
- Leadership: Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships and fostering team spirit.
What's on Offer
Challenging and rewarding opportunity with a reputable real estate private equity firm.