- New business development role
- Manage a team of 4
About Our Client
Our client, a US headquartered firm, is a leading provider of custom research, analytics, services including conferences and events to the healthcare and health-tech industry. Their APAC headquarters is in Singapore. This headcount in the APAC team manages new business across private and public sector in APAC while maintaining existing key account relationships. The key stakeholders for the Associate Director, Business Development, APAC will be the VP APAC, and the team in the US so we need someone who can operate autonomously.
Reporting to the Vice President, APAC the success of the Associate Director, Business Development, APAC will be measured on the following criteria:
- Team management: manage a sales team and develop action plans to acquire prospects and achieve revenue goals across all products
- Drive lead generation and creation of new accounts in healthcare, hospitals, and relevant government authorities
- Manage existing accounts and creating deeper relationships by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
- Produce proposals, contracts, reports, and customized communications
- Build a comprehensive profile of client organization decision makers and seek to get visibility and audience "up" and "across" the client organization
The Successful Applicant
The successful Associate Director, Business Development, APAC will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a globally recognized university
- Expertise in selling software, analytics, or services to healthcare clients in private and public sector
- Six years or more in a team-based sales role in SEA, ASEAN or APAC
- Strong track record of having created new business / hunter role circa 2m USD per annum
- Strong ability to guide decision making for the Asia Pacific region
- No obstacle for travelling up to 30%, once restrictions ease
What's on Offer
Our client has a strong culture of organic growth and most of the senior leaders have grown through internal and international moves within the firm. Their capability within the team is quite strong and they operate with a lean structure. Keeping internal processes simple and encouraging open communication is a key focus for the management.
- The role requires someone who takes ownership and shows agility in their current role
- This is a result driven sales environment with clear objectives for growth
We expect a 3-round interview process including the hiring manager, HR, and 1-2 global stakeholders out of the US.