Assistant Vice-President, Group Platform Development
Lead strategy development and implementation
Drive digital shipping solutions in complex markets
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious firm in the logistics and shipping space with a global business. Asia is the heart of the business with Singapore as their regional headquarters, and they are looking to invest in digital solutions to support the long-term business strategies of their business units. As part of their expansion plans, they are setting up an in-house Group Platform Development team to offer a wider range of services for Cargo Owners to improve visibility and flow decisions for better management of the physical movement of goods.
The key responsibilities will include making strategically important decisions and relationships with key global shipping lines.
In addition, you will also be up to the challenge of:
- Developing the firm's mid to long-term strategic growth plans for the Group Platform Development
- Exploring of expansion opportunities through engagement with Cargo Owners & Community Partners
- Capitalizing on emerging trends in the logistics and maritime industry to drive new platform solutions
- Managing the organizational transformation across assets and systems to ensure these are geared towards handling future growth
- Supporting the financial aspects of the overall portfolio of Cargo Solutions
- Driving relationships with key customers, vendors, government agencies
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate for this role, you will need to have:
- Top academic qualification with an MBA or equivalent is a plus
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience in the logistics or shipping environment
- Strong ability to manage data and contribute to sales pipeline through selling sophisticated customer solutions
- Proven track record of developing similar digital supply chain solutions in complex markets
- Flexibility to travel as the role will require up to 20% travel
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Our client is a global player in the industry with a strong culture of hiring and grooming individuals with a strong commercial acumen. In this role with a global influence, they are looking for an individual that has a strong aspiration to be in a firm that has consistently maintained a top tier brand position. The remuneration for this role will be competitive and other benefits, bonuses will be in line with the market.