Assistant Procurement Manager / Procurement Manager
Exciting opportunity in the Retail Food & Beverage Industry
About Our Client
Our Client is an International Organization that have been in the industry for 60 decades, constantly developing and rapidly gaining market share across Asia. Currently the market leader in the retail food and beverage industry, they are constantly reinventing and challenging themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands and remain competitive. They aim to maintain and improve their current performance both locally and regionally of which they are seeking for a Procurement Manager/Assistant Manager to be based at their HQ in Singapore.
You will be reporting to the General Manager directly. The majority of your responsibilities will involve managing a spectrum of procurement process of direct materials for the organization. You are also responsible to develop local sourcing strategies and savings opportunities to secure the supply of required materials. Travelling is required for this position.
Your responsibilities include:
- To drive the procurement process by developing intimate knowledge of selected commodity markets through study, analysis, personal contacts with suppliers, brokers and any other sources of market information.
- To develop and implement business procurement strategies for the business to optimize cost.
- Analyze trends and market movements for use in making sound procurement decisions.
- To manage global/local sourcing strategies and contracts, ensuring allocation and contract execution compliance.
- To lead RFQ's, negotiations and cost reduction initiatives and to develop alternate vendor approval processes
- Timely follow up on planning and A/P escalations ensuring appropriate commercial relations with the supply base.
- Resolve expediting related supplier conflicts.
- To plan, forecast, source and negotiate purchases of food products for the best purchase package.
- Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the purchase specification and requirements.
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
The Successful Applicant
You should have a Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain and have significant years of related working experience in the Retail FMCG Industry. It is essential that you can demonstrate your ability to be strong in analytical skills with an eye for details. You must possess very strong communication and influencing skills; with the ability to work well at all levels and engaging stakeholders. Knowledge in operating Navision system would be an added advantage.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a large organization that has good brand equity and consistently innovating for consumers. The company recognizes talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. They also place a lot of emphasis in workplace safety and employee welfare.