Assistant Manager- Sourcing
Exciting career opportunity
Top Multinational Organization
About Our Client
Our Client is an International organization with a market capitalization of USD 5 billion and is currently the market leader in the Electronics/Semiconductor Industry. They are a market leader who is globally recognised as a huge brand name. They are constantly reinventing themselves to keep ahead of consumer demands. They are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Assistant Sourcing Manager to be based at their corporate office in Singapore.
Your main responsibilities will be to analyse data and manage a few projects in the region concurrently. To achieve this objective, you will have to work closely with different functions throughout the region. This is an Individual Contributor role. Travelling is required for this position.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- To manage the strategic sourcing of external manufacturers / outsourcing business.
- To drive continuous cost improvement to improve gross margin.
- To develop negotiation strategies, benchmarking and secure profitable deals.
- Determining and developing appropriate sources of supply and maintains contact with suppliers / OSATs and stay current with trends, technologies, products and services within Semiconductor industry.
- Management of unique materials / raw material.
- Business travel to suppliers' / OSATs' site is expected.
- Process improvement and risk management - identifying gaps and opportunities
The Successful Applicant
You must have a Degree and a minimum of 5 years experience within the EMS/Semiconductor Industry. Good strategic thinking with strong analytical skills and discipline are necessary. You should be able to work independently and also have strong leadership experience with good communication skills to work with different levels of Stakeholders. Candidates with experience in EMS/Semiconductor industries with SAP knowledge will be strongly considered.
What's on Offer
You will be working in a high growth company that has very huge global brand names in their portfolio that can build your CV and shape your career. The company recognises talents by offering comprehensive benefits and extensive training to nurture employees & provide you with excellent career advancement. The company culture is about high levels of commitment and care for employees that helps achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities. As such, you will have a strong sense of belonging and pride in your workplace.