Assistant Finance Manager
Entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
Good remuneration package
About Our Client
Our client is a financial institution which is enterprising and offers ecommerce solutions and is a market leader in the industry they operate in.
- Oversee the daily finance operational matters relating to claim payments, vendor payments, premium collections and premium refunds.
- Lead and guide team members to resolve complex operational and system issues.
- Lead the team members in revamping or automating processes for better efficiency.
- Assess cash-flow needs and perform Fixed Deposit placements in accordance with the Investment Policy.
- Assist in analysing the impact of changes to business needs, products or system features on the finance operations or financial reporting processes.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of financial reports to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators and reinsurers.
- Review, or prepare journal entries to facilitate the monthly financial close.
- Assist in analysing month-on-month variances of the financial statements.
- Assist in implementing accounting standards or regulatory changes on the finance operations or financial reporting processes.
- Assist in managing the internal and external audits.
Any other adhoc duties as required from time to time
The Successful Applicant
- Hands-on and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organised and is able to prioritise tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to challenge status quo and think of ways to revamp the processes for better efficiency
- Strong knowledge on internal controls, accounting standards and MAS regulations relevant to the business
- 4-7 years of working experience, with at least 2 years of experience with the insurance industry
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package in a conducive environment which is dynamic and entrepreneurial.