Assistant Finance Manager - Regulatory & Tax Reporting
Excellent remuneration package
International working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a leading international bank with global presence and a comprehensive suit of banking products on offerings.
- Working with the team for the continued implementation and BAU Finance function in Singapore.
- Working closely with Finance colleagues to aid the Finance functions UAT deliverables on regulatory reports.
- Contributing and leading the development of the CB Asia Finance team and success of the Singapore team as a whole.
- Review, evaluate and highlight potential financial risks.
Regulatory Reporting Experience (Primary)
- Experience in regulatory, MAS and statutory statistic reporting in a commercial bank/merchant bank.
- Familiar with regulatory reporting requirements across offshore branch licenses and Merchant Bank banking licenses.
- In particular should have good experience and familiarity with MAS 610 / 1003 / 649 / 601 / 758 / 704 / 1111.
- Experience of running daily regulatory monitoring around Qualifying Liabilities, Book Limits, Capital Funds etc.
- Strong control background around regulatory reporting
- Awareness of key upcoming regulatory change
Reporting, planning and control (Secondary)
- Financial governance: maintaining local policies, procedures and governance.
- Corporate tax: liaising with Group Tax and local professional firms to prepare local corporate tax and GST returns. Maintaining all required supporting documentation.
- Product control: establishing appropriate daily P&L / KPI reporting to monitor the daily activity of the local Financial Markets desk.
- Financial control: assisting in the local financial processes, including Accounts Payable and Payroll as secondary cover.
The Successful Applicant
- The candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant with minimum 5 years post qualification experience in Finance teams.
- Experience of commercial banking products is not a prerequisite but is preferable particularly across Commercial Lending, Trade, Money Markets and Derivatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Given build out of reporting tools experience of automation, simplification and UAT would be preferable.
- Proficient in English and good interpersonal skills required for frequent liaison with colleagues.
- Proficient in accountancy ledger software. SAP, SAGE and Oracle will be utilised but knowledge of other similar software also acceptable.
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration package in an international environment with strong team dynamics and career growth.