Aromatics Market Analyst / Manager - Petrochemical
Part of a huge investment deal
Career progression in the pipeline
About Our Client
Our client is a petrochemical manufacturer with global presence and influence across multiple industry sectors that includes government water systems, telecommunication, healthcare, energy and power and more. They are built upon a solid foundation of technologies that is has been improved through numerous rounds of innovation across the past 40 years. With the new-found project team spearheading an additional area of revenue, they too require an expert in market or business intelligence, who would be responsible for price projection and analysis, financial modelling, and competitor analysis. This individual needs to come with an understanding in aromatics or the MTBE / Butadiene.
As the Aromatics Market Manager, you are to drive all aspects of market intelligence for the team. You would be responsible for being at the top of all trends and changes pertaining to the liquid chemicals concerned (MTBE and Benzene). In this role, you will also work closely with the strategy team as well as the market intelligence team.
You will also be challenged to the following:
- Develop a systematic approach to track competitor movements and trends in order to analyse market outlook, changes in pricing, as well as how different regions and countries react
- Develop insights through both primary and secondary sources of information
- Create short term and long term market outlook based on historical data and trends
- Suggest price points for all product components factoring timing, location, quantity and application, based on a thorough an analytical study and detailed forecasting
- Hold a project management framework, and work as a team, being flexible to take lead and initiative of additional requirements that may arise
- Be a liaison between internal stakeholders coming from different business units, and sharing insights through discussions and/ presentations
The Successful Applicant
- Excellence academic qualification in Business, Engineering, Economics, Statistics or a related field
- Petrochemical experience within a manufacturer or market research and analyst work with a chemical reporting company or consulting firm
- Experience and knowledge in aromatics or the C4 strain - MTBE or Butadiene
- 7 years' or more experience in project management and market intelligence
- At least 3 years' relevant experience in market intelligence or market research focusing on liquid chemicals
- Strong communicator to deliver ideas effectively using Microsoft PowerPoint or any other tools during internal meetings or external client engagements
- Cultural awareness to region specific practices and behaviours
What's on Offer
The role offers the individual an opportunity to take the lead in competitor intelligence and market intelligence, within a huge project where the company has thrown in large amounts of money as an initial investment for their 10 year goal. As this role is also open to candidates from petrochemical reporting firms, it offers the opportunity to move to the production angle and impact the company directly. This role will also offer the opportunity for future growth within the team, or across the other business units.