- Team management role, covering direct and channel sales
- Grow from a top-line of $3m Euro
About Our Client
Our client, a dynamic European industrial group, offers innovative solutions for the food packaging and preservation space (blast chillers, shock freezers etc.). While niche, their product range is premium and sold at the top end of their segment. Besides leading a sales team of four, this role is suitable for someone who can represent our client as a brand ambassador in the SEA region.
Owing to the growth potential in South East Asia, they are looking to hire an Area Sales Manager, SEA (B2B) - Industrial Equipment, who will source and manage key channel relationships and direct accounts.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer (Europe based), and the success of the Area Sales Manager, SEA (B2B) - Industrial Equipment will be measured on the following criteria:
- Meeting revenue goals - close to Euro $4 to $5 million for the first full year
- Drive lead generation and go to market in new markets
- Cross selling to create bigger/regional deals
Besides, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Be the key contact point for channel partners in South East Asia in all aspects of their use of the company's products
- Drive delivery schedules between the company's manufacturing units and key customers: food industry
- Lead key customer cost demands and develop long term pricing initiatives to match
- Liaise with counterparts overseas servicing the same accounts in different locations
- Utilize CRM to provide relevant reporting to regional HQ
- Lead a regional team including a technical engineer, field sales engineer and a sales assistant
Based on the success of this role, our client will consider opening a showroom in SEA and this role will play a pivotal role.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Area Sales Manager, SEA (B2B) - Industrial Equipment will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or a relevant discipline from a reputed university
- More than eight years in handling high value accounts in the F&B industry, B2B sales
- Represent the firm at trade shows, exhibitions in agreement with the CCO
- Strong track record of having created channel partnerships and performance measurement metrics
- Ability to travel up to 50%, including training in Europe and Asia
- High level of energy, drive and integrity
What's on Offer
Our client offers you an opportunity to be deal with high-end engineering solutions but still operate in a matrix (lean) method. Keeping internal processes simple and encouraging open communication is a key focus for the management.
- The role requires managing some of the key growth markets for the group, so it is an excellent opportunity for you to get visibility with the CXO team.
- The base salary for the role will be competitive and there will be performance-based incentives, in this very entrepreneurial role.
- The interview process will involve 2-3 interviews and we plan to hire the role by Jan-2023.