Application Engineer (Mechanical)
Expanding new role.
MNC and stable organization.
About Our Client
A global power leader, my client is an established corporation of innovation businesses that design, manufacture, distribute and service heavy machinery engines and power generation systems. They are the market leader for industrial and residential generators.
- Reporting to the Industrial Solutions Manager, you will provide technical support to customer within the industrial (data centre, industrial buildings, hospital) & commercial (shopping mall, residential) sector.
- Provide technical advice on project feasibility study for power system implementation projects to ensure the proposed engineering solution meets the company quality management system and adhere to local authority requirements.
- Familiar with mechanical control systems and basic electrical blueprints for heavy industry engine components including motors, pumps, compressor, alternators, radiators, controllers and generator etc, review technical design and participate in technical discussion for tender bidding of projects.
- Perform project feasibility studies, propose technical solutions, provide specifications and required documents, attend to project sites to generate detailed project proposals, quotations and technical compliance documents.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including sales, project, manufacturing and procurement team to manage and plan for mechanical equipment installation for power systems at client's site.
- Work together with sales team to generate project cost estimation, constantly identifies new vendors / suppliers / contractors for optimum cost consideration
- Working closely with third party consultants, contractors, vendors and system integrators company, plan for pre-sales activities including pricing, material, specifications study and out-sourcing works.
- Provide technical solution/ address technical queries from clients and train site personnel in the correct operation/usage of the equipment.
- Lead technical discussion and provide installation design advice to influence customers or highlight key issue or concern relating to project delivery.
- Initiate and propose new ideas/action plans to improve existing processes. Using engineering solutions to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
The Successful Applicant
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with minimum 5 years of working experience.
- Candidate with experience in construction/power industry, familiarity on mechanical equipment on generator installation or knowledge in exhaust/ fuel supply system.
- Experience in client-facing role in industrial (data centre, industrial buildings, hospital) & commercial (shopping mall, residential) would be encouraged to apply for this role.
- Familiarity with AutoCad/ BIM Revit and able to read architectural, mechanical, and electrical blueprints and will be of an advantage.
- Customer-centric, technically hands-on with strong communication skills.
What's on Offer
New headcount in an expanding business with great opportunity and excellent learning growth.