APAC Sales Manager (System Identity Solutions)
Manufacturer of security and identity products
About Our Client
My client is an MNC which designs and manufactures secure system identity solutions. With annual turnover of around USD10b, they have offices globally and are one of the top players in government identity projects. Their solutions help protect their customer's physical and cyber needs. Due to the growing need for secure identity and biometric solutions, they are looking for a Regional Sales Manager (APAC) to be responsible for the government and defence customers.
The Regional Sales Manager will report to the Regional Head of Sales. Key responsibilities will be to develop sales lead, strategise system identity solutions - ultimately clinching projects with new business while keeping existing customers in the government/defence space in the APAC region. Other responsibilities include:
- Capturing and maintaining strong relationships government and defence customers
- Mapping the market and assess business risks to proactively mitigate them
- Planning and executing 5-year strategic road maps for the APAC region
- Focusing on identity and biometrics projects in various verticals like law enforcement, immigration, military, election, prisons etc.
- Exceed sales objectives through acquisition of new customers and strengthening relations with existing government accounts who may be customers for products and services / implementation partners
- Collaborating with marketing groups, finance, R&D, sales, and management teams to collaborate and finalise opportunity strategies
- Identifying suitable partners at the onset of pursuing opportunities to ensure strong solution selling
The Successful Applicant
This role is for an individual with excellent relationship-building skills, who is motivated and performance focused. The individual should also possess:
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or any relevant technical field
- 5+ years sales/business development experience in government system identity/biometrics solutions
- Proven track record in negotiation and the ability to manage government/defence projects
- Regional government selling experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Solid understanding in government tendering process and bids submission around local, national and regional landscape
- Flair for securing client/customer relationship
What's on Offer
This role will offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and technical environment. The successful applicant will be expected to have a positive, can-do personality. You will be part of a prestigious organisation that are recognised as global leaders in system identity and security. It is a perfect opportunity for individuals who are eager to step into a strategic role to secure a greater market share for the organisation.