APAC Sales Manager - Breather Valves
Regional role for APAC minus China - 40% travel required
Product is used for tank protection - pressure relief
About Our Client
A world leader in the design, manufacture, and supply of explosion and pressure protection equipment. They help their customers to enhance process safety and provide explosion protection in the world's most challenging industrial environments. They have developed an enviable global reputation for the design, manufacture and supply of an innovative range of patent protected and ATEX accredited best-in-class Pressure Relief Valves for the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, food and beverage, wastewater, refining and other industries.
Breather valves are required if you have fixed roof atmospheric storage tanks - the valve is mounted on the storage tank's nozzle opening, and it protects your tank from imploding or rupturing. Breather valves are considered as safety valves, and they limit or control the pressure in the storage tank. If the pressure in the storage tank becomes too much or too low from what it is designed for, then it can cause instrument or equipment failure, fire, and other dangerous situations. A breather valve stops this from happening, will minimize evaporation emissions and protect the investment long-term.
Resposibilities for the APAC Sales Manager - Breather Valves include:
- Responsible for sales development and sales management of Breather Valves within the APAC region
- Develop Sales Representatives & Distributor channels within APAC and also develop service and spare parts business
- Develop and achieve sales plans by seeking amplification of effort from both direct and indirect sales channels and nurture the relationship with each end user in the region
- Interact with customers to close sales, answer technical queries and build confidence in the products and the Company through on-going sales visits and regular motivational sales meetings and reviews
- Conduct regular customer process reviews in order to provide appropriate technical recommendations
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Engineering degree - or diploma minimum
- 3+ years experience in outside sales of engineered products (e.g. safety equipment, pressure relief equipment, valves etc)
- Established relationships with one or more of the following end user groups: Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical (or experience of working for OEM's active in these markets)
- Ability to lead a client project team from concept to equipment selection, purchase, and finally to commissioning
- Must be detail orientated and have strong written and oral presentation skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills and a strong track record in relationship selling
- Experience selling directly to customers and also with involvement of representatives and / or distributors
- Knowledge of codes and standards including; EN, API, ISO, ASME, and ATEX
- Must be able to read technical drawings detailing common process piping systems and equipment as well as technical data sheets for pressure safety devices
What's on Offer
You will be joining a technology leader whose customers know they can rely on their research capabilities, engineering expertise and high quality products for the up and downstream oil and gas, petroleum, chemical, pharmaceutical, and bio-energy industries.