APAC Payroll Manager - Hedge Fund
Global Leading Asset Management Firm
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading global asset management firm, with an excellent international reputation with continued global expansion serving customers worldwide. This is a permanent role based in their Singapore office, reporting into the Global Payroll Team and Chief Operating Officer.
Partnering directly with the global team based in the US, the APAC Payroll Manager will play a key role to provide effective and responsive advisory support across all HR & Payroll services for their 5 offices within the APAC Region. In addition, you will:
- Act as the key contact for Asia's office, managing full spectrum of domestic and international payrolls, tax reporting, withholding & compliance, global mobility, system implementations, benefits and interdepartmental coordination to support regional and global payroll projects
- Effectively manage payroll vendors by strictly adhering to the contract and the Service Level Agreement, improve the payroll processes efficiency and controls by working closely with vendors.
- Lead the existing team to perform all end-to-end payroll cycle processes and operations, ensuring accurate and timely execution within the APAC region
- Assist in the preparation and development of various reports including those related to compensation & benefits, audits, compliance, and analysis
- Maintain productive partnerships with leadership teams, ensuring effective communication and continuing to develop processes and policies in line with business needs, leading to best-practice operations from a global perspective
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Human Resources, Accounting or Business Administration
- 5+ years' regional experience focused on payroll within the banking and financial services industry
- Knowledge of employment regulations, social insurance and income tax reporting for Singapore, Hong Kong and Asia Pacific countries
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and vendors
- Strong client service mentality; able to work with stakeholders, employees and vendors to deliver a positive employee experience
- Skillful problem solver, resourceful, independent, dynamic and has strong attention to detail
- Experience with Workday Financial Management system and global payroll platform
What's on Offer
Exciting newly created opportunity with a leading global asset management firm. Competitive remuneration, kindly get in touch for a confidential discussion.