APAC Consumer Insights Manager - Food & Grocery
Key role for the growing Asian market
Given autonomy to make impactful decisions
About Our Client
A global food and grocery expert, our client provides leadership and insight to help grow industry capability. They are internationally respected for the quality of their research and insight and are in demand worldwide to report on market developments, evolving retailer strategies, track innovation and forecast future behaviour that supports a variety of stakeholders develop their businesses.
Their international research programme is growing rapidly and are now looking for an experienced analyst to join their team in Singapore and help strengthen their retail insights in the Asian region.
Reporting to the Head of Asia Pacific, this requires an exceptional individual to play a key role in the growing Asian retail research programme, delivering high quality insight on a spectrum of exciting retailers and markets across the region.
You will be expected to be a major contributor to Asian content on our Retail Analysis website, plus conduct primary research across the region, through building an extensive network of research contacts to support the work stream. You will track market developments through visits to new store concepts and regular meetings with both retailers and manufacturers across Asia.
Another regular aspect to the role will be developing and presenting customised content to senior clients in the region, operating cross functionally with the company's shopper and supply chain teams where relevant.
The role will involve working across this dynamic region, but will also allow the candidate to grow their knowledge of the entire food and grocery industry, with exposure to senior stakeholders and leading industry experts.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should possess:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience of working within Asia's food and grocery industry for either a retailer, FMCG manufacturer, consultancy, financial organisation, service provider or third party supplier
- Strong knowledge of the Asian grocery landscape, key retailers in the region, future trends and implications for both suppliers and retailer
- Good awareness of how the food and grocery industry works, in particular the commercial interactions between retailer and suppliers
- Evidence of writing high quality insight on Asia's retail and consumer goods market, including experience of working with limited data sources
- Comfortable working with numbers, mining data and developing robust forecasts of future scenarios
- Experience of developing and /or an established network of contacts in Asia within the grocery industry
- Travelled extensively across major Asian markets and able to demonstrate cultural awareness
- Experience of presenting to senior management / large audience
- Strong written and spoken English
What's on Offer
Those that flourish at the company are looking for something a bit different. A career with us offers you a unique opportunity to work across the food and grocery industry, to engage with industry leaders and government, to use your knowledge to share best practice, and to make a real impact.
What unites us is our passion for the food and grocery industry and the way we approach what we do. Our client prides itself in having open and honest communication enabling employees to have a say in decision making and the ability to influence and shape the research and other programmes of work.
If you enjoy bringing people together, have a strong sense of what is right and always hold yourself to high standards, The company is full of people who share your values. We've built a culture based on teamwork, integrity and excellence and these core values underpin everything we do.