Asian Leading Insurance
One year contract convertible to permanent position
About Our Client
Our client is Asia's leading general insurer with over a century old, having presence in all the ASEAN countries. They are active across five different business sectors; domestic life insurance, domestic non-life insurance, overseas business, financial services and risk-related business.
- Support in the supervision of AP section covering commission/ incentives, return premiums, reinsurance and expenses
- Assist in checking the computation of profit commission in accordance to agreements signed & compilation of annual income statement for agents
- Analyze expenses against Plan and prior year
- Ensure performance and completion of month-end reconciliation between sub ledger and GL in a timely manner
- Provide support to operating/supporting units in relation to financial matters.
- Assist Managers to collate and analyse statistics for Management & Regulatory bodies.
- Assist in monitoring and implementing financial & internal controls.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent accounting qualification
* Possesses good written and verbal communications skills
* Able to work in a team environment
* Be able to appreciate financial and internal controls
* Thorough understanding of accounting practices, insurance related day-to-day finance operations experience is a must
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel advanced functions, such as Pivot able and vlookup.
What's on Offer
This role will be a one-year contract with the possibility for further extensions and renewals. For successful completion of the contract tenure, the candidate will be entitled to a month's completion bonus pro-rated to per annum basis.