- Billion-dollar turnover business
- Competitive remuneration
About Our Client
Our client is a commodity trading firm who buy and sell physical metals across the globe. They have been in Singapore for the past 10 years and they are targeting to be a billion-dollar turnover business by 2020.
- Accounting of sales, purchases & expenses in MYOB accounting software.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities including preparation of weekly/monthly/periodic MIS reports in Excel.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close of Books of Account.
- Assist management to prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in consultation with auditors and associated parties.
- Preparation of time charter invoices.
- Analysis and accounting of reports from ship management companies.
- Timely computation and coordination of payment of WHT payable.
- Maintain up to date vessel-wise profitability report for the management
- Conduct regular account reconciliation with traders on physical trading and commodity trading of futures and options.
- Ensure smooth flow of processes from recording income and expenditures on the system to regular reporting of AR/AP
- Ensure sufficient funds are proportionately maintained in different banks and perform fast and accurate payments are made.
- Prepare monthly MIS including but not limited to P&L, Balance Sheet, statement of cash flows for the management.
- Monitor and review income and expenditures classifications as per the requirements of Global Traders Program (GTP) and prepare progress report for management.
- Liaise with auditors, management, tax advisors, banks and counterparties as required.
The Successful Applicant
- CPA/ACCA qualified or in final stages.
- Accounting degree/diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of economic principles.
- Knowledge of audit practices & principles, applicable laws, codes and regulations in Singapore.
- Knowledge and experience of using accounting software, ideally MYOB, XERO.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the accounting of business transactions, management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing and taxation.
- Familiarity with commodity trading and shipping.
- Excellent attention to detail with data maintenance and reporting.
- Problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Good planning, organisational and time management ability.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Accurate and timely information & task monitoring.
- Self-starter with a flexible mind and ability to deal with pressure.
- Fluent in English as you will dealing with international managers and traders.
What's on Offer
This is a permanent opportunity with a very ambitious commodity trading firm here in Singapore as part of their growth strategy here in the region. They offer a very strong remuneration structure and developmental growth opportunities.