Good remuneration package with great working environment
Career progression and a managerial position
About Our Client
World's leading commodities company.
Perform and supervise trading and general accounting tasks and ensure that the financial reports are prepared accurately and reported timely, in accordance with US GAAP requirements, local statutory accounting standards and corporate policies. 40%
* Perform and monitor overall month end closing activities for the assigned product line and business.
* Work with the team on derivative related support, including margin account reconciliation, journal entries and finalize PNL.
* Review and validate MTM valuation of options.
* Review reconciliation between trading and accounting system.
* Reconcile accounting and trading P&L.
* Consolidate and report US GAAP P&L.
* Report financial statements and schedules required for US GAAP and support shared service on certain schedules, i.e. MTM and derivative disclosures, analytical commentary.
* Any other month end closing tasks assigned
Collaborate with shared service team. 10%
* Monitor shared service team performance.
* Work together to bridge gap between shared service and business.
* Provide guidance to shared service in order to support the business.
Perform balance sheet and income statement accounts analysis. 10%
* Provide balance sheet and income statements variance analysis for US GAAP and Control Review Package including Lower Level Financial Statement Review.
* Provide accounting and reporting related support to other finance teams, including FRM, MI&DS and FP&A to understand the financial statement.
Trade accounting and business support activities. 10%
* Review trade accruals and ensure contracts are closed regularly in trading system.
* Provide trade accounting related information to trade operation team.
* Provide effective solutioning and executing accounting and reporting activities for new strategy initiated by the business.
Prepare accurate reports and information for tax (i.e. GST, corporate tax, US tax, transfer pricing, etc.) and other statutory bodies (i.e. ESG, government statistics, etc.) and ensure compliance with the respective reporting requirements. 15%
Provide information related to audits (both internal and external). 5%
Actively engage in on-going process of automating tasks and constantly look for areas of improvement. 5%
Perform record and information management activities and any other ad-hoc duties as assigned. 5%
The Successful Applicant
Minimum Required Qualifications
- University graduate with a degree in Accounting/ Finance.
- 6+ years of work experience of which 2 years must have been in a predominantly commodity trading with exposure to MTM concept.
- Good knowledge of Singapore FRS and US GAAP.
- Good knowledge of derivative, MTM and inventory valuation accounting policies.
- Good knowledge in tax and transfer pricing.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
- Strong IT skills, especially in MS Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Required Qualifications
- Professional CA/ CPA qualifications.
- JDE, ITAS or any trading system knowledge.
- Proficient in Mandarin would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
- Good remuneration package with great working environment
- Career progression and a managerial position