You are here
Vice President Valuation Control
- Valuations Control
- FX, rates, swaps options
About Our Client
Global bank with significant Asia presence and large hub of operations in Singapore. The bank provides investment banking services to global corporates and financial institutions. The Valuation Control (VC) group is responsible for executing the independent inventory valuation control of the fixed income businesses covering Global Macro Products, Emerging Markets, XVA, Treasury, and the Private Bank.
The candidate will be responsible for the valuation control oversight of the Emerging Markets (EM) businesses which trades both vanilla and structured EM Rates, FX, & Credit products and EM Financing. This requires oversight and supervision of VC responsibilities which include formulating and conducting independent price verification processes, calculating financial and regulatory valuation adjustments, unauthorised trading detection controls, Fair Value Measurement analysis and advisory, and contributing to valuation governance processes in conjunction with Business Control teams, VC specialisation teams in Centres of Excellence, Trading, Quantitative Strategists, Market & Liquidity Risk Management and Valuation Risk Group.
The Successful Applicant
- Highly numerate with excellent product, financial modelling, risk and valuation technique knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly and succinctly to senior management
- Business partnership skills and experience in valuation control Target Operating Model design and implementation
- Ability to partner across regional teams and with senior stakeholders to achieve organisational objectives
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and accountability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- MSc and above qualification in a quantitative discipline preferred but not required
- A recognised professional accountancy or financial qualification preferred
What's on Offer
The job opportunity offers the incumbent exposure to a wide range of investment products. They will be able to develop their risk management skills in the context of a global investment banking environment. They will gain be able to test and grow their technical skills as well as gaining exposure to fixed income and derivative products as well as FX/swaps/rates. There is the opportunity to manage junior members of the team as well as fast track career progression to becoming a senior manager.