You are here
- Underwriting Assistant
- Multiple Lines
About Our Client
Our client are a global speciality insurer covering multiple lines of insurance over different geographies.
- Ensuring Underwriters are provided with administrative support, including but not limited to:
- Responding to telephone inquiries or dealing with general enquiries;
- Logging and clearing submissions in a timely manner;
- Data Entry into GENIUS underwriting system;
- Ensuring accurate premium booking;
- Ensuring internal & external correspondence is completed both accurately and in a timely manner;
- Underwriting file creation and maintenance;
- Updating and maintaining underwriting registers;
- Periodic archiving of files as per archive procedure;
- General filing and file retrieval;
- Ensuring policy/endorsement issuance is completed accurately and according to timelines;
- Assisting in ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department;
- Generating system based management reports if required;
- Following up brokers on outstanding matters such as closings, underlying policy wordings, declaration forms, etc.
- Maintaining a highly effective and responsive working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritising work commitments ensuring daily workflows are managed effectively.
- Demonstrating behavior at all times in line with the LIU core values.
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis.
- Taking responsibility and showing initiative in the development of your technical and soft skills.
- Continuing to seek improvement of the product and of self by the continuous improvement of practices and processes.
Performing other related duties as assigned by your manager or other appropriate officer.
The Successful Applicant
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have some underwriting assistance experience focusing on one type of specialism to branch out to broaden their experience.
- Previous relevant experience in the Insurance industry desirable
- Comfortable liaising with brokers
- Experience of processing revenue for renewals and new deals
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Genius, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts and schedules is required.
- HSC (or equivalent) essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- Excellent work environment
- Regular work hours - conducive to work life balance
- The chance to learn, progress and achieve promotion with in the wider business