You are here
TRADE FINANCE MANAGER (VP)
- Our Client is a multinational middle eastern Bank
- Open communication with an open door policy
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the largest middle eastern banks and has been establish in Singapore for a number of years.
Our Client seeks to be the leading international bank for business owners. It provides clients with wealth, business solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world.
- Take charge of a team of documentary specialists in the execution and processing of Trade Finance transactions for both Import and Export.
- Manage and approve day-to-day processing of and confirmed and unconfirmed L/Cs, Import and Export L/Cs, Collections, Negotiations, Payments, Issuance of Bankers Guarantees/SBLCs and final level of checking.
- Provide technical advice relating to structuring of L/C terms as well risks coverage. Identify documentary and credit risks and ensure approvals are within guidelines.
- Check and approve trade transactions after ensuring all relevant levels of approvals are obtained
- Accountable for ensuring that trades are executed according to AML rules.
- Accountable for ensuring funds are tracked, reported for funding purposes where applicable
- Evaluate, review and update the Department's BCP as well as manage the annual BCP exercise.
- Work closely with and in partnership with Front Office and HQ Departments to meet the Bank's objectives
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly reporting to local Management, Finance and HQ.
- Provides business requirements and specifications for systems automation/upgrade and perform testing and UAT whenever necessary.
- Supervise the efficient discharge of duties and responsibilities of staff and allocation of job duties
- Lead and motivate the team to achieve quality work processes and high level of performance
- Ensure Trade Operations are in compliance with established rules and regulations of the Bank and regulatory authorities
- Responsible for staff training, controlling and improvement of the Trade Operations
- Conduct interviews for Trade Operations
- Set goals and objectives and perform yearly appraisals for staff.
The Successful Applicant
- University Degree with at least 10 years of Foreign Trade Operations
- At least 3 years in a managing position
- Excellent managerial and people management skills
- Good communication skills
- High performance standards - work across functional groups to achieve common business goals and customer satisfaction
- Well versed in the latest version of UCP600, URC, URR, URDG and ISBP
- Results Oriented
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package + Bonuses
- Great personal development and career progression opportunities
- Work in a friendly family environment.