You are here
Technical Product Support Specialist (APAC) - EAS
- Motivated Individual With Strong Adaptability
- Culture Emphasizing Team-Spirit And Individuality
About Our Client
A global leading provider of electronic security systems and solutions is looking for a strategic Technical Product Support Specialist to drive the technical excellence in field installation and service towards customers throughout the region.
- Define a set of relevant Project and Service Performance Metrics for the business in the region and ensure effective management and tracking of these metrics in each country.
- With inputs from the global tech support team, establish and roll out the Minimum Project and Service Standards Guidelines in the region.
- Able to do solution presentations and to support activities on pre and post sales cycle.
- To manage project/ service escalation on local and global level.
- To support testing and commissioning challenges
- Gather training needs around the region for both Tech Support and Field Sales, and facilitate the necessary training on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor and follow through all major customer support issues/product failure cases across the regional until resolution, facilitate improvement on overall product quality and reliability through working with the global Product Engineering team.
- Coordinate and assist in the regulatory type approval of EAS systems in each country within the region.
- Develop remote diagnostics capability for our EAS systems and share with the technical teams in the region.
- Capability to source for new products to define solution set for key customers.
The Successful Applicant
- A diploma/degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of technical support experience in a multinational technology company environment.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in project management/ installation skills.
- Knowledge in Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)/ Retail Loss Prevention/ Electronic Security highly desirable.
- EAS, RFID and integrated software solutions market and product solution awareness, i.e. technologies, pricing and competitors.
- Experience with various enterprise infrastructure technologies such as wireless/ wired networking technology, multi-protocol sensor devices (RS232, RS485, GPIO, LAN, etc.) and RF technologies.
- Knowledge of both licensed software applications as well as hosted/ managed software as a service offering.
- Knowledge of AutoCad or any schematic system design applications.
- Extensive experience in interfacing with and influencing various internal (sales, operations, field tech support, marketing, etc.) and external stakeholders (customers, partners, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate across all levels.
- Able to travel across the region as required.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to pursue a professional career on a global platform