You are here
- An opportunity to work for a leading reinsurance company
- A competitive remuneration package
About Our Client
A worldwide leading reinsurance company, mainly with clients from insurance companies. It assumes part of the risk covered by these insurance companies, as well as providing comprehensive advice on insurance business. In addition to its head office, they have more than 50 Business Units around the world. My client provides reinsurance cover for life, health, casualty, transport, aviation, space, fire and engineering business. In 2014, gross premiums written in the reinsurance segment amounted to around €26.8bn.
- Ensure accurate and timely administration and accounting/processing of Life and Non-Life business
- Assure payment transactions with our clients, handle correspondences and debt collection
- Monitoring key performance indicators such as overdue balances, outstanding statement of accounts etc
- Effective collaboration and coordination with business unit/section.
- Provides timely responses/replies and quality financial reports to meet business units need as required.
- Support in the quarterly closing process and reporting to Head Office.
- Maintain adequate documentation of internal processes and ensure compliance with internal guidelines
- Maintain knowledge of developments in the insurance/takaful industry, including keeping up to date with latest regulations and legislation changes to ensure compliance.
- Support all projects and tasks as assigned
The Successful Applicant
CPA qualified or equivalent accounting degree
Audit & Compliance Skills
Auditing experience in audit firm preferred.
Effective oral and written communication skills with staff, peers, superiors and internal / external stakeholders
No of years of working experience
Minimum 3-5 years of experience within the insurance & reinsurance industry (accounting / operations)
SAP knowledge would be an advantage
Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Knowledge in reinsurance, Retakaful and Takaful business
Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Ideal candidate should be proactive, adaptive, and solution driven
- A team player with a good time management, meticulous, attention to detail, willingness to share knowledge and able to work independently as well
- Able to lead projects and perform financial analysis for various accounting topic initiatives
Strong service orientation and a drive to make a difference
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work for a leading reinsurance company with a competitive salary package