You are here
System Architect (Virtualization)
- Exposure to latest technologies
- Global role with leadership responsibilities
About Our Client
For our client, a well established local SGX listed conglomerate with a presence in multiple industries, we are now looking for a dynamic System Architect (Virtualization) to join their team.
Reporting directly to the CIO, your role involves:
- Responsible for technology design and selection in alignment to business objectives. The individual will be responsible for coordinating, directing and leading project Infrastructure activities as well as providing technology direction.
- Key focus on infrastructure technologies such as Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Clustering, VMWare
- To work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions and to participate in overall IT planning and develop Infrastructure strategies bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology.
- Responsible for end-to-end processes on global IT infrastructure equipment / solution and software procurement recommendations.
- Manage IT outsourced operations and vendors to ensure contractual obligations are set and successfully delivered by service providers.
- Ensure high availability of IT infrastructure in line with the stipulated service level agreements (SLAs). Manage recovery process and prepare incident reports in cases of system outrages.
- Lead team to develop comprehensive set of standard operating procedures (SOP) to achieve operational efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Degree in IT or equivalent
- Relevant certifications such as MCSE, VMware, Citrix and PMP will be highly preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in infrastructure architecture design and support
- Proven track record in a server technologies in a virtualized environment is required
- Team management experience will be of added advantage
What's on Offer
Our client offers the opportunity to make critical decisions. You will get exposed to latest technologies with team management exposure.