You are here
Store Construction Procurement Director
Global household name in the FMCG / Retail industry
Significant people management
About Our Client
Our Client is a global leader in the Beauty Industry with multi-billion dollar revenue worldwide. They have a huge worldwide presence and have significant market share in key global markets, offering a variety of beauty care products to their customers. The company has a vision to combine innovation, knowledge, people and products. With increasing demand and new product introductions, they are currently looking for a Store Construction Procurement Director to be an integral part of their business to assist and continue their current growth.
Reporting to the Procurement Director, your main responsibilities will be to improve competitive advantage through effective Procurement initiatives in the Retail Procurement category. To achieve this objective, you will have to work closely with different functions throughout APAC. Expect 20% travel for this position.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Review, formulate policies and implement "Best Practices" for the region
- Category Management, Procurement & Sourcing of categories involved in Stores set up - Construction contractor, materials, visual merchandising, cleaning services, logistics services, renovation etc
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand Procurement needs
- Streamlining Procurement processes and putting in place S&OP
- Managing vendors' and suppliers' contracts to ensure due performance and continuity of essential services
- Identify gaps and process improvement opportunities
- Negotiate and tender contracts with suppliers and vendors
- Networking and building relationships with key clients and suppliers
- Business partnering
- Visual merchandising
- People management of 4-6 direct reports
The Successful Applicant
You must have a Degree and significant experiences within the Retail Procurement category in preferably a Retail context. Good strategic thinking with strong analytical skills and discipline are necessary. You should be able to work independently and also have strong leadership experience with good communication skills to work with different levels of Stakeholders.
What's on Offer
You will be in an organisation that takes pride in their long history with an excellent vision for the future. Also, they have a clear set of standards and guidance for conducting their business with integrity and have a huge emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility. High performing employees are recognised and rewarded with competitive remuneration packages, personal development awards, annual salary reviews and short-term incentive programme. Some core benefits include health and welfare insurance subsidies, staff purchasing privileges and quarterly allowances.