You are here
Standalone Compliance Officer
- Standalone Compliance/Risk Role
- Opportunity to start up function
About Our Client
Our client is an internationally leading Fintech company focusing on outsourcing operations and technology to their clients in the Financial Services sector. They are the only independent provider for the financial services industry to both develop and operate its own software. HQ is in Europe. Their clientele is mainly focusing on the Private Banking and Wealth Management space.
- Assist the Head of Quality & Risk in defining and executing a compliance controls framework across the company.
- Maintaining, documenting and reporting compliance obligations on an ongoing basis from regulators in the region as well as contractual obligations from clients.
- Define compliance indicators to measure important performance metrics, and manage the reporting to key stakeholders.
- Implement and execute a compliance controls assessment framework for key business processes. Further, manage the control testing to ensure compliance with agreed controls.
- Co-responsible to co-ordinate and schedule the monthly risk committee meetings and presentation pack for the risk committee stakeholders.
- Represent compliance in various projects/ initiative forums and provide inputs from a compliance perspective.
- Co-ordinate internal and third parties audit, reviews, and other ad-hoc tasks.
The Successful Applicant
Experience and Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Compliance obligations in the Financial Sector for Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region - specifically within the Private Banking or Wealth Management space.
- 6+ years Compliance experience, with a combination of Risk or Audit will be ok
- Proven experience in independently managing the compliance requirements with minimum supervision.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate compliance concepts to audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tasks.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Strategic and abstract thinking
- Fluent in English, with excellent English writing skills; and any other languages are a plus.
What's on Offer
On offer is a great opportunity to join a growing FinTech firm within the Financial Services industry. The firm offers great learning opportunities with good exposure to different aspects of the business.