You are here
Senior Retail Anayst / Consumer Insights ( Food)
- Global MNC with fantastic career progression
- Career Advancement Opportunities
About Our Client
The firm has grown consistently over the last 15 years. Our mission is to devise secure and sustainable supply chains which deliver affordable, safe and reliable food and consumer goods for everyone. We use our insight and expertise to develop the capability of people in the industry to ensure they are equipped to flourish in today's fast changing world. We exist to make the biggest possible positive difference, in areas that people really care about through our position at the heart of the food and consumer goods industry.
We have three programmes:
- Retail Analysis; our online subscription service tracking retailers, markets, channels and trends
- Events; conferences that bring the industry together and showcase new trends
- Academy; capability development through briefings, workshops and customised projects
Purpose of the role:
To contribute to the firm's global retail research programme by providing insight into the latest retailer strategies and industry trends across a number of Asian markets and to deliver customised presentations and projects in the region
Research & analysis:
- Track and deliver insightful reports on retail market developments across Asia, providing actionable insight to our members through the firm's Retail Analysis website.
- Provide timely news on the latest retail developments in the region
- Visit the latest concept stores, track best practice / innovation and incorporate this research into reports and presentations
- Maintain and update our retailer database, forecasting key retailer metrics and growth prospects
Delivery of customised projects:
- Prepare and deliver content for client specific outputs that meets customers' briefs and exceeds their expectations in terms of quality and depth of insight.
Networking & awareness building:
- Increase external awareness of their research and insight capability across Asia, demonstrating technical excellence with customers and inspiring confidence in them.
- Internally share research with other analysts, the sales, press and marketing teams
- Present at external events and conferences across Asia
Improving product and service quality:
- Seek ways to continually upgrade the quality of the Retail Team's products and services through improvements to content, presentations and the introduction of new delivery formats
Development of conferences & seminars:
- Support the firm's conference programme where required, including producing and compiling relevant presentation content
The Successful Applicant
- At least 3-5 years experience of working within Asia's grocery industry for either a retailer, FMCG manufacturer, service provider or third party supplier
- Good awareness of how the food and grocery industry works, in particular the commercial interactions between retailer and suppliers
- Strong knowledge of the Asian grocery landscape, key retailers in the region, future trends and implications for both suppliers and retailers
- Evidence of producing high quality insight on Asia's retail and consumer goods market, including experience of working with limited data sources and the ability to generate robust insight
- Successfully managed and developed a network of research contacts in Asia
- Travelled extensively across major Asian markets and able to demonstrate cultural awareness
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and successful team
- Happy to work with a team, but also demonstrate strong individual nature
- Ability to produce insight, solve problems and be naturally inquisitive
- Engage with people to grow your knowledge base and stay close to the industry
What's on Offer
You will play a key role in the organisation's growing Asian retail research programme, delivering high quality insight on a spectrum of exciting retailers and markets across the region.
You will be contributing to Asian content on our Retail Analysis website, plus build an extensive network of research contacts to support the work stream. You will track market developments through visits to new store concepts and regular meetings with both retailers and manufacturers across Asia.
Another element to the role is working on and presenting customised briefings for clients in the region, operating cross functionally with the firms shopper and supply chain teams where relevant.
The Senior Retail Analyst - Asia will report into the Head of Asia-Pacific and be required to work cross functionally with several other teams.
The role will be based in Singapore, but the candidate will need to be prepared to regularly travel to markets across Asia - 30-40% travel.