You are here
Senior Legal Commerical Counsel, AsiaPacific
- European FMCG firm
- Newly created role
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent European FMCG firm in which has an increasing presence in Asia. Due to business growth, in size and complexity, they are recruiting a Senior Counsel to assist the commercial teams in Asia and ensure proper structure and compliance are in place and followed up.
Key responsibilities are:
- In all areas of work, continually striving to meet the standards and ways of working set out in the Legal Team's Legal Excellence initiative.
- Providing a full range of legal support to support the success of the business in Asia and Global Travel Retail operations worldwide, in part through real-time support to the teams based in Singapore.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including distribution, joint venture, supply, bottling, consultancy, sponsorship, IT and IP agreements and providing full legal support to the establishment of new offices.
- Supporting all matters arising in the area of employment law.
- Advising on competition, bribery, data protection and other compliance matters, to ensure commercial activities comply with applicable laws across Asia Pacific.
- As part of global compliance programmes, delivering an ongoing compliance programme for Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Competition Law, Marketing Code and other compliance matters in Asia Pacific.
- Serving as a director or company secretary to various subsidiaries and other corporate bodies across Asia Pacific and providing general advice on corporate governance.
- Contributing to the development of the Legal Portal and other process efficiencies to manage more effectively the activities of the Legal Team.
- Driving performance of external law firms (to provide high quality, pragmatic and cost-effective advice and assistance).
- Leading the legal work-stream on corporate projects (acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.) in Asia Pacific.
- Providing on-going support to the Global Head of Legal in developing and executing a robust and innovative legal strategy for Asia Pacific.
The Successful Applicant
To be qualified, you would possess:
- Law degree and right to practice in Asia.
- Significant post-qualification experience (7yrs+ PQE) in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial and corporate agreements.
- Experience in developing and rolling-out engaging and effective legal training to non-lawyers.
- Experience in alcohol/beverage sector or advising other brand-led businesses in Asia
- Highest levels of personal integrity, honesty and professionalism.
- Ability to work without supervision and handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use legal skills, judgment and experience to resolve conflicts between commercial strategy and legal requirements so as to ensure legally compliant and practical outcomes are achieved.
- highly commercial and pragmatic approach.
- resilient, energetic & enthusiastic; able to cope effectively under sustained pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.
- Highly analytical; able to interpret large amounts of complex information from multiple sources, grasp the key issues/opportunities quickly and offer innovative & creative, yet effective solutions.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in its field in a highly visible role.