You are here
Senior Financial Analyst
- Commodity trading sector
- Senior level role
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading traders of agricultural commodities who are looking to recruit a Senior Financial Analyst to support their Asian business, which operates across Asia managing procurement, production and marketing, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
1) Monthly P&L reporting and analysis for presentation to divisional and local management - including to the Executive Committee.
2) Establish and further develop timely and value add management information to aid decision making.
3) Provide real-time business decision support to commercial and operational management
4) Provide key input and challenge to the regular budgeting and forecasting processes
5) Bring improvement to reporting and underlying processes and controls. This may include:
- Monthly P&L reporting
- Product costings calculations and process - including the links between the Commercial, Operational and Finance functions
- Identification and reporting of further business and financial drivers
6) Other regular or ad hoc reporting and analysis relating to the Trading business as required. This may include:
- Ad hoc balance sheet analysis and working capital / cash utilisation
- Profitability analysis
- Other ad hoc projects and analysis
7) Support the trading business in the Philippines with regard to financial reporting, and produce the financial reporting for the fledgling Ethanol business.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified accountant from a Big-4 firm and / or blue-chip organisation, with at least five years post- qualified experience
Strong academic background
Demonstrated ability to handle complexity; also able to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the business
Proven experience of operating within a fast-paced commercial and/or manufacturing environment
Proactive approach to financial reporting, analysis and control
Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
Strong analytical skills, does not accept information at face value and is able to question and challenge information in a collaborative way
Strong attention to detail but able to summarise key issues for a senior audience
Takes initiative and has a proven record of identifying and implementing process and reporting improvements
Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal
Well organised and efficient; can manage competing deadlines with strict time constraints
Able to multi-task; prioritise and work flexibly and pro-actively in a small team
High energy and drive
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package with a variable bonus component, centrally located office in a fast paced and dynamic trading environment.