You are here
Senior Electronics Engineer (Medical Device)
Motivated Individual With Strong Adaptability
Culture Emphasizing Team-Spirit And Individuality
About Our Client
An exciting and fast paced surgical technology startup in Singapore
- Apply electronics and software engineering knowledge to the design and development of new products as well as product changes and enhancements.
- Solve software/firmware problems through thorough evaluation and troubleshooting.
- Assemble and test a real-time capable system platform for product control and testing.
- Generate written reports that can clearly contribute to the Design History File.
- Effectively communicate work with management and the team.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (R&D, Clinical Affairs, Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Marketing departments) to coordinate pilot production of new products and accomplish tasks.
- Contribute to the company's intellectual property position via invention and patent applications.
- Create procedures for implementation and testing of devices.
- Participate in software implementation for the pilot and later stage production of the device.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, hardware, programs, and processes.
- Design and oversee the hardware PCB design activities of the whole product.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies in addition to medical, technical, and biomedical developments related to company products.
- Provide computer engineering and technical support of products introduced into both the domestic and international markets as well as physician in-service programs.
- Provide engineering support in the resolution of product complaints and/or safety issues.
- Oversee outside vendors and consultants as required.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and regulations.
The Successful Applicant
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience working on PCB design related activities including firmware development. Candidates with more relevant work experience or expertise considered for a senior level position
- Must have gone through at least one whole product design process.
- Proficient in C/C++ for UDP/IP, RS422, and microcontroller programming.
- Need to have a good grasp on control theory.
- Experience with Altium Designer is preferred though not necessary.
- Preferably some experience in a safety regulated industry similar to medical devices.
- Practical knowledge of control systems is preferred.
- Experience with IEC61508/IEC60601 is a plus.
What's on Offer
Exciting opportunity to be part of an exciting innovation in surgical technology