You are here
Senior Database Administrator (MySQL)
- Exposure to wide range of responsibilities
- Great learning opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a European research institute based in Singapore. With its past years of research, it brings valuable financial knowledge, insights and advice to investors, regulators and asset managers. Due to an exciting new project, they are now looking for Information Systems Specialist to work with the institute's researchers to deliver this project.
Reporting to the Head of Data, you will be involved in
- Managing MySQL databases, including the design, installation and implementation, as well as managing user accounts, database health checks and monitoring.
- Additionally, you will be developing and managing the institute's website, as well as other small side projects that involve programming.
- This is a single contributor position where you will be working extensively with non-IT personnel such as researchers.
The Successful Applicant
To qualify, you have:
- Degree in IT or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in MySQL database design, installation and implementation
- Exposure to web development skills such a PHP, Python, and Wordpress will be of added advantage
- Familiarity with Linux environment will be highly preferred
What's on Offer
This is a challenging position with plenty of work autonomy and learning opportunities. You will work together with highly qualified, top-notch people in a dynamic environment. Remuneration is competitive.