You are here
Senior Commercial Distribution Manager
Distributor Management, Singapore Based
Robotic Assisted Surgery, Commercial Manager
About Our Client
Today Intuitive Surgical are the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted surgery. The organisation can deliver solutions to customers providing technology innovation across, urology, gynaecologic, colorectal, cardiac, thoracic, paediatric and general surgical disciplines.
The company's da Vinci® Surgical System offers surgeons superior visualization, enhanced dexterity, greater precision and ergonomic comfort for the optimal performance of MIS. The system strives to make surgery more effective, less invasive and easier on surgeons, patients and their families through enabling surgeons to perform complex procedures. The da Vinci® Surgical System is already well known in local markets and is delivered to hospitals and clinics through an established distributor network. Locations covered in the APAC region are Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, China and Australia.
The Senior Commercial Distribution Manager is responsible for establishing, developing and supporting the assigned distributors across the APAC region. This involves becoming an expert in commercial operations, sales processes, use of surgical robotics and build high-performing teams that can establish mutually beneficial distributor relationships.
The position will require a number of capabilities including clinical and capital competencies. A broad network within the surgical space in APAC would be advantageous, alongside high levels of commercial acumen. The successful post holder is expected to provide an extraordinary degree of communication, collaboration and information gathering while presenting solutions to the Distributor Principles and Intuitive Surgical leadership team.
Other roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Training distributors on all aspects of clinical business, procedures and capital sales processes
- Ensuring all distributors develop a business plan which includes (quarterly) system and procedure targets to achieve / exceed goals set by the senior management team
- Organizing annual business planning meetings and quarterly business reviews with distribution partners. This must also include guidance on appropriate planning and ensuring stage gates are put in place for follow up communications
- Organizing and coordinating surgeon training activities utilizing the Technical Training Pathway (TTP)
- Developing regional market access and marketing strategy to support more adoption of da Vinci surgery in hospitals and clinics
- Conducting regular field visits alongside their distributor representatives to understand market dynamics, provide coaching and bring value to customers
- Providing distributors' representatives with new & existing product information, and assist them during initial launch and utilization of new products as required
- Supervising and assisting distributor personnel with their operational activities including procedure coverage at hospitals and weekly reporting & forecasting accuracy
- Developing national and regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's), references and epicentres
- Reviewing and proposing Intuitive Surgical presence in national congresses and symposiums
The Successful Applicant
As this is a key hire for Intuitive Surgical, the successful candidate for the Senior Commercial Distribution Manager must be able to demonstrate strong consultative sales skills and an excellent track record of managing distributors. They need to be high energy and high integrity in their approach, and able to think outside of the box to proactively solve issues often with limited senior support.
With this in mind, the organisation will expect to provide evidence of:-
- 6+ years of experience in Sales or Marketing Management positions in the medical device industry
- An ability to thoroughly understand the market, trends, technology and opportunities in the geographical region. Then convert that knowledge into activities that drive and increase business success
- Strong leadership skills with deep business acumen
- Outstanding and natural business ethics
- A deep understanding of the culture, customs and traditions of the country within the APAC region
- A Bachelor's degree in business or medical related field required with an advanced degree (MA / MSc / PhD) strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel between 50 & 75% of their time
- Being based out of Singapore
What's on Offer
This position will attract a salary of $120,000 to $140,000 base with an attractive bonus and benefits package on top